Tuesday, December 16, 2008

[Copyblogger] How to Create Better Content With Constraints

Copyblogger


How to Create Better Content With Constraints

Constraints

Mark McGuinness reveals a cool technique for creating content that is more productive and innovative than the “blank page” approach. It’s all about setting specific constraints on yourself before you start to write.

Mark’s article made me realize I do this all the time. I constrain myself to a particular angle or reference, and I start looking for a relevant association.

For example, after watching the film again at Thanksgiving, I really want to craft an article referencing The Princess Bride. I spot an association between a classic Inigo Montoya line and grammar, and away we go.

As a follow-up to Mark’s article, I wrote how creative constraints can both help and hinder an entrepreneur. Check out Creative Constraints: How to Use Them and When to Lose Them, and sign up for more free articles by subscribing to Lateral Action.


Thesis Theme for WordPress






Click here to safely unsubscribe now from "Copyblogger" or change subscription settings

Your requested content delivery powered by FeedBlitz, LLC, 9 Thoreau Way, Sudbury, MA 01776, USA. +1.978.776.9498

 

No comments: