Thursday, May 15, 2008

[Copyblogger] What Happens When Your Marketing Works Too Well?

Copyblogger


What Happens When Your Marketing Works Too Well?

It’s a good problem to have, right?

Well, not always.

Last week I pointed you all to Mike Stelzner’s video about making money with white papers. White papers are educational documents that contain “under the radar” persuasive elements that lead people to buy stuff, and Mike is a master at them.

There’s a lot of money in white papers… both for freelance writers and for small business owners. So the idea was that Mike would give out a lot of great free content about his background as a freelance white paper writer, and then offer a training course to a select group of people who wanted to know the insider secrets to writing and marketing white papers.

But I guess Mike’s strategy worked too well.

Is it Smart to Share Valuable Information?

Over 13,000 people stampeded Mike’s server to take advantage of his generosity. I guess he wasn’t expecting all the attention.

Mike to me: “Do you realize how many people you sent to my video?”

Me: “Um, I thought that was the idea.”

Well, sometimes, things work out differently than we expect. Mike was prepared to share the insider secrets of his $30,000-a-month freelance business, but not with thousands of people.

But a deal’s a deal. The training course is going forward full steam ahead, with one catch.

You can only sign up for the course tomorrow, May 16, 2006. Then it’s gone and off the market.

Mike figures this is a way to keep his learner group to the level he originally envisioned. I’d say he’s likely right, since a lot of people will miss out on the opportunity because of indecision.

Check it out here.

But Wait, There’s More…

Heh. I’ve always wanted to say that.

Since Mike has generously made me his promotional partner, I feel obligated to sweeten the deal. So if you purchase Mike’s course through me, here’s that additional sweetness.

Buy through my link, and I’ll send you over 33 minutes of video analysis where I walk you through every step of the Teaching Sells Report (also known as a white paper). We launched an entire membership site that’s attracted 2,500 paying members with this simple PDF document, and in these videos I show and tell you exactly what I did and why.

All you’ve got to do is shoot me an email letting me know you bought Mike’s course, and the videos are yours. But first you’ve got to decide if Mike’s training is right for you.

Already a Teaching Sells member? I’ll give you an hour of free phone consulting instead.

Alright, pitch over. Check out Mike Stelzner’s offer before it’s gone. Thanks for your attention, and your regularly-scheduled Copyblogger content will resume shortly.

P.S. Oh yeah… I’m one of the instructors in Mike’s course. Forgot to mention that. :-)


Teaching Sells Free Report






Click here to safely unsubscribe now from "Copyblogger" or change subscription settings

Your requested content delivery powered by FeedBlitz, LLC, 9 Thoreau Way, Sudbury, MA 01776, USA. +1.978.776.9498

 

No comments: